Wednesday 14 September 2011

What's for breakfast, lunch dinner and in between? What we should and shouldn't be eating.

Ok so the most common question people have is what should I eat? A simple yet complicated answer or answers are available. Depending on your fitness goals, a proper diet is 70% of the battle if you ask me. Before we get into specifics here's a quote from The late Jack LaLane, fitness and nutrition extraordinaire, who passed away this past December.
If it tastes good, spit it out!!
And that means exactly what it says! If something tastes too good, most likely it's processed or artificial. Spit the
puppy out! You must consider the quality of every calorie you consume if you are to reach your fitness goals.this is a very broad topic which I cannot possibly cover in one blog. I'll give you 3 things to consider till my next post. In my next post we will discuss different foods and how their nutritional value can help or hurt you. Ok so the 3 things to consider.

1. What am I eating? Look back on your days food and write down what you ate and drank today. It's an eye opener.

2. Where is my food coming from? Take out, fast food, home cooked?

3. Do I find myself feeling hungry a lot?

Looking at these can help you determine if you are eating properly or enough.

Until next time, be healthy and be humble!

No comments:

Post a Comment